Re: Boots

depending upon how deformed the hoof is, I like Scoot boots for 24/7.  You can put a 6mm pad in. Scoots are open in the back, so boot heel rub is reduced.  Just keep an eye out for heel rubs by the bolts.  You can put vet wrap or moleskin on this area.  The boots come with a gaitor in the heel area.  It does not cover the bolts.  I have not tried it yet,, but the toe area in the boot, probably can be heat fitted for small toe flairs.  Since the boot is open in the side and back, the hoof can breath.  This lowers the threat of thrush.