Re: Hoof cracks help please.

Maria Duran

Thank you for answering. Lavinia I just sent you the pictures
I am sorry that are not good but the horse wasn't quiet even for a minute so I just took them in a second.

He is not IR or PPID.

Amazingly he doesn't seem to be sore and is not lame by now.

The owner is recieving all kind of suggestions and none of them seems logical to me so I would appreciate your expert opinion on what to do for him as he has some shallower more cracks in the hinds.

Also what kind of rest he should be doing and for how long. Can the horse be hand walked? Or does he need to be stall confined?

Thank you very much in advance. I don't trust opinions out there but yours.

María Durán