Re: tacks, barium, flat lead wire, play doh

Debra, everyone has their favorite markers. I ended up with sticky dots used in human medical imaging. The dots I bought have extra glue and stayed on well. Spee-D-Mark SDM-HBB15... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IKC9LUU

In my hoof photos for Cayuse you can see a hoof marked showing the dots at the coronary band and tip of the frog. My vet has his own 5 cm marker for the face of the hoof wall. That will give you a scale on the hoof.
--
Cass for Cayuse (PPID/IR) and Diamond (IR)
Sonoma County, Calif. Oct. '12

Cayuse Case History                Cayuse Photos
Diamond Case History              Diamond Photos