Re: Dark area X-ray dated 24.06.2019 old nov 2018 X-ray

Kath Chase

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 09:23 AM, Lavinia Fiscaletti wrote:
Hi Kath,

Thanks for adding the latest rads to Micky's album.
For future reference, sedating a horse to the point that he can barely stand is counter-productive if your goal is to be able to take appropriate radiographs of his feet. Next time, if he cannot stand comfortably due to pain just use nerve blocks so that he cannot feel the pain but is perfectly aware and able to maintain his balance. Nerve blocks wear off quickly so there are no lingering effects.

As we already knew, his toes are way too far out ahead of where they need to be, soles are much thinner than is optimal. His coffin bones are sitting ground parallel so absolutely nothing off the heels with the EXCEPTION of that RF medial heel. That excess height is tipping him forward onto the front half of that foot, possibly causing bruising, plus is adding twisting and tearing forces to the already weak wall on that medial side. The sharp, upward bulge in the coronary band is a red flag that a quarter crack could start in that location if the imbalances aren't rectified.  NOTHING off the soles.

Placing that tack into the sole without shortening the stem was .......
The frog is stretched forward, which goes along with the toes being too long.

[...]

 Hi Lavinia , can you just have another look at the recent  Right front DP X-ray please, it looks to me  X-ray  DP right front lateral side is longer on that side not medial confused????  Can you mark it up exactly where please
--
Micky wasn't in  such pain, he could have easily have stood on those blocks straight. I had given 5ml bute that morning. It was the crazy local vet again. Refused to do a nerve block, said he was having RLP so he will sedate, it was a nightmare he sorted with putting two blocks under one foot and none under the other I flipped it and said he needed to stand Evenly, then he said I didn't know what I was talking about, then I bursted into tears  then he said alright I'll do what you want as the first Rads were all crooked I told him to dele them they are hopeless,  Micky of course  was uncomfortable  the only thing he would be not being sedated, is try to point right foot , that's it,  south eastern vet she is lovely kind sympathetic brilliant vet but can't get down she is liasing instructing local vet, she said possibly still serum in the foot or infection  she said hard to tell,  has recommended more regional limb perfusion, still waiting on local vet, likely doesn't want to do it. Agree totally with soles, that was my fault this time I asked farrier to trim him I think weeks ago   Farrier didn't want to,  I was worried then Micky was going into mechanical failure again , see 31 May pic, my mistake, yesterday no trim decided to leave trim  for now, til I heard from you or hoof rehab.

South eastern  vet said yesterday  the remodelling looks more rounded solar medial side now also.

Still feel like I'm going in circles and not getting to the answer I need. Yes I know he needs sole we have tried many times to grow it

Is is it possible Mickys RF pedal bone was never normal to begin with ?

is it possible  realignment trims 2017  2018  didn't work, still kept going lame   Is serum stuck in festering causing infection?

We have tried to grow the sole as you know,  but foot keeps growing distorted . Why?

Yes trims did did look better 2017 3018 but have had 12 months bruising.

THERE IS NO BRUISING ON SOLE now, I did say in one message I thought medial side was longer I think it looked longer because of the shearing.

Looking ar latest rad  lateral side looks longer.  Remember medial lateral balance 2917 2018 was bang on, Micky kept going lame 12 months of bruising. I'm missing something why?  There's no bruising now toes do look to long I agree? But we have that remodelling spike sitting out the front  if toe cut too short and it was short 2017 3018 cause bruising? I feel like I've got to find the right answers. Why won't the pedal go back to where it should be ? Those trims 2017 2018 I thought were correct? Were they ?

Kath & Micky
Yinnar Australia
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=9614&p=pcreated,,,50,2,0,0