Re: Serious lameness due to 1 1/2 inch nail penetration

J Foust

I am not a vet!

these are thoughts questions I would have if it were me.

Antibiotics travel in the blood yes?  So increasing vascular perfusion would help?  J-herb?

if they can get a needle up in there can they “wash” the hole with antibiotics?

My horse had an anaerobic infection in his neck from a vaccine.  To save him they lacerated his neck open in 5 places and washed the area with the antibiotic as well as giving antibiotics IV.

Is it possible to do a joint injection but use antibiotics instead of the joint stuff?
--
Joella Foust
Montana