Re: Serious lameness due to 1 1/2 inch nail penetration

J Foust

I don’t know if a drawing salve would be wise in this area?

When my horse was in the hospital he wouldn’t eat, drink, or chill unless I was there. There weren’t any other horses there so he would stand with his butt in the corner and watch the door.  If I stayed with him he ate, drank and slept.  I would do the “watching“.  Had a camping cot in the stall to sleep & husband brought me food.  Vet was happy as it took pressure off his staff.  I remember waking up to his tail hair in my face and him peaking back at me wanting some scratches on the gaskin.
--
Joella Foust
Montana