Re: Boots for best traction in winter conditions

J Foust

Hi Heidi,
It really depends on the kind of ice you have.  If you have sticky ice (I know that sounds dumb but I can’t figure a different word) then some of the agressive type tred patterns work.

In my area ice is very glass like.  Putting some manure ontop to freeze to it helps with traction.

I got small hex screws and screwed them into the bottom of the boots.  Using locktight might help keep them in.  I did two behind and two infront.  They were low profile didn’t throw off balance.  I’m thinking screws just in the heel area would be enough?

Hope that helps.
--
Joella Foust
Montana