Re: Hoof abscess - burst and now horse lame again

Karen Hocking

Thanks Lavinia for the information. We are slowly drawing the gunk out and he goes from totally lame to being able to put pressure on that hoof again. Will continue to soak and poultice until he is 'back to normal'. The vet did warn us there could be multiple pockets - and knowing my guy, there will be lol

We are getting rain here again but the new yard is holding up better than the old one - water runs off a lot better and it is completely dry in his shelter. Fingers crossed things are on the up now!

Cheers
Karen - Dubbo NSW Australia