Anyone familiar with cellulitis

KC

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is potential of cellulitis causing long term damage
to the leg. My horse had a case of it a little over year ago along with a big abscess in the toe
in the left hind leg. She had 3 flareups before I found out that it was cellulitis causing the swelling
and not the abscess. I had never heard of cellulitis before then so I have no experience with this.

The reason I ask this is she is showing signs of lameness in that leg when she
is going downhill while trail riding and she is mildly lame for short while after. Rubbing her leg down
with liniment does seem to help. When she is on flat, she seems fine. I was wondering if
the cellulitis could have done some kind of damage to that leg.

Thanks
Kathy in Ohio