Re: Anyone familiar with cellulitis

Sherry Morse

Hi Kathy,

The fact that you're seeing a difference in the muscling between her two legs plus the lameness would be a good indication to me that it's time to get the vet involved - even if it's just a phone consult at this point to see what he thinks of the situation.  Were she mine I'd have an appointment set up for a lameness exam including x-rays because it sounds like there is something chronic going on with that leg.

FWIW my mare broke her left hind pastern and then years later had two episodes of cellulitis and once went right to lymphangitis in that leg but wasn't ever lame on it otherwise.

--
Sherry and Scutch (and Scarlet over the bridge)
EC Primary Response