Re: Concerned about hooves. Pics.

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Edited

Hi Cindy,

It's unfortunate that the discussion with your trimmer wasn't more productive. As everyone is entitled to their opinion, I provided mine based on what I could see in the few hoof photos we had available. I don't recall making any disparaging comments regarding your trimmer's work..
For some reading, you can take a look at all of the articles on Pete Ramey's site. Here are a few to get you started:

http://www.hoofrehab.com/HeelHeight.html

http://www.hoofrehab.com/HorsesSole.html

http://www.hoofrehab.com/FrogTrim.html

Paige Poss has a lot of good information here:

http://www.ironfreehoof.com/

Also see the NO Laminitis Proceedings from 2017: Bowker's presentation on the Vascular Cushion of the Frog:

https://www.ecirhorse.com/proceedings-2017.php