Re: Concerned about hooves. Pics.

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 11:37 PM, Cindy Giovanetti wrote:
Thank you so much, Lavinia.  I posted about this in the Hoof Care and Rehab group on FB, and I got alarming responses!  Including PPSM, PPID, sacroiliac issues, Vitamin E deficiency, ataxic, Navicular, Stifles, foot dragging, hind suspensory issues, kissing spine, luxating patella, and EPM!  :0
I've watched this several times and see no evidence whatsoever of any of those things! He isn't even toe dragging - he's toe first landing because his hoof is too far out in front of him. This is where his heels should be relative to the frog https://i.pinimg.com/originals/47/df/f6/47dff6d010a8eb1b8ec4fb98e5ca34e0.jpg . Hoof pain can also make them land toe first but the walk is not the best gait to see that (the trot is), especially if it's bilaterally equal pain.

Also, I  know you explained you were just reporting your farrier's reaction and comment, not yours, I would like to remind everyone that there's no place for that here. A simple "my farrier/trimmer was not receptive" will do. That negative energy is a waste. Let's focus on being productive.

Dr. K

--
Dr. K