Short toes

Bobbie Day

Lavinia
The recent topic of toes makes me wonder about my big geldings fronts. Lately his toes look like someone just literally squared them off. He’s never been lame but he is getting arthritis in one shoulder (snake bite).
He has never been trimmed that way, he’s always had good feet and wears boots when we ride.
only thing I can see that could possibly be causing this is he stomps and I mean a lot !
Doesn't seem to matter how much I spray him, we also have fly predators, he is bothered more than anyone else.
he wouldn’t go for fly boots. May I send a picture and get your input?
My husband just filed them down and they’re already getting stubbed off. I’m perplexed 😕