Re: Cavallo Simple Boots Are Uncomfortable

Judy and Bugsy

Thanks for the information everyone.

For added warmth I would put socks on Bugsy's hooves but the Scoot boots are  quite open and the socks would just get wet immediately, so I was looking more for a closed boot.  Since my initial post, we've had some terribly cold weather go through and Bugsy has not shown to be sore at all (no boots, just shipping boots and blanket(s).  I'm extremely thankful that he isn't showing winter laminitis signs as that could be a real PITA to deal with. I'll continue letting him wear the shipping boots and blankets and just change out the shipping boots with dry ones when the boots get full of ice.