Re: Mechanical founder

Sherry Morse

Hi Maria,

This might a translation challenge for us but this article on Sugardine might help: https://www.americanfarriers.com/articles/5090-sugardine---a-stinky-gooey-mess-that-works-when-treating-wound-injuries?utm_source=omail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=deu&utm_content=afj&oly_enc_id=5790E2314467D9Y

When I think of Sugardine it's both as a drawing and drying use so I don't think it will make the hooves softer.

As far as the half ball of poriexpan...I'd like Lavinia's opinion on that.  To me it's similar to the idea of the Steward clogs which means the trim has to be correct, but I'd rather see a flat piece used than something that's going to have a rounded bottom which I think would affect the balance of the horse.

Is there any way this horse can be put in a sling to alleviate the pressure on the other legs?
--
Sherry and Scutch (and Scarlet over the bridge)
EC Primary Response