Re: Abscesses, antibiotics, and bute

Karen Hocking

Thank you Lavinia for that information - it was my horse that had the possible osteomyelitis but treated as a hoof abscess. Thirteen months on and I still struggle with what happened so having something that could potentially explain why it went so horribly wrong helps me process it. I've become totally paranoid about hooves since and our current wet, muddy conditions aren't helping. The information you haveĀ  provided is very helpful.

Good luck Barbara with your horse and I hope it all resolves quickly.

Kind regards
Karen (Dubbo NSW Australia)