Re: Question about farrier training

Sherry Morse

Totally agree with Kirsten.  I have soooo many pictures of bad feet in my collection.  As Kirsten also knows though, sometimes it doesn't take much for your own horses to get away from you.  I had Lavinia do some markups for me for my farrier early last year when I took a look at my mare and realized her hind feet were getting a bit bullnosed.  My farrier had the same reaction I did ('how did that happen and when did it happen') and we addressed it right away but that with knowing everything I do and trying to keep an eye on things AND having a really wonderful pro who is very open to suggestions and corrections from others.
--
Sherry and Scutch (and Scarlet over the bridge)
EC Primary Response