Self trimming guidance

Jean

I would like to start trimming my own horse. I live in a rural area of SE WI and am having a hard time finding a farrier who knows what they are doing or willing to change or learn what Pete Ramey recommends or what my horse needs..
Any advice on how to go about self trimming? I have found videos on you tube that I will be watching today.  I also have a friend whose husband has studied Strasser and trims to her spects, He will come this sat and get my horse his first official realigning trim, but he lives over an hour away and cannot come on a regular basis. He will be teaching me some skills this weekend as well.

Thanks in advance

Jean and Merlin