Re: New Horse Hoof question

Kandace Krause

Thanks Sherry,
This horse has not been out of the ring, unfortunately.  She is coming 7 and spent 2 and 3 Y.O. as a halter horse.  Was only backed in the last year.  Obviously, we have many many miles to make before she could compete in a 50 as her entire body will need conditioning.  She would also be being moved from a life at sea level to a 4500' elevation mountain home.

I have now seen the x-rays and the difference is substantial, I will see if veterinarian will grade it, as per the information provided by Jean, above.  I think that this may be more than mild.

As, a matter of house keeping, I see my signature is not linked, as in other groups, is this normal?

Kandace