Re: Trimming

Mary M.

Hi Jean,
Kudos to you for taking active role in your horses hoof trimming. I am not sure where you are located, but i highly recommend Ida Hammer for learning about trimming your own horse. Her website is https://mackinawdells2.com/index.html

many of the trainings and information are online and i believe you can order "model hoofs" to practice on. I am attending her 3 day workshop for the 3rd time here in Michigan in a couple weeks. I took her trainings  twice and this is my 3rd. I always learn something new and good to get refresher. I have been trimming my mare for a couple years after not getting good results from farrier.

good luck
Mary
--
Mary Marzec, Chelsea MI, 2012