Re: One of my barefoot experiences

thefeet2003

--- In ECHoof@..., "Claire C. Cox-Wilson"
<shotgun.ranch@...> wrote:

Thought I'd share this with you all...
About this time last year I found myself desperately looking for a new
During the process of finding a new trimmer Tamera's (my cushings/IR
mare) toes were getting very long and her heels were becoming
increasingly underslung. I was very concerned, Tamera was starting
What the farrier did was correct. Not shocking at all.

Constantly lowering heels and not addressing the toes correctly will
also encourage a hoof to under run. It is extrememly important to get
the break over correct. Glad you are out of that rut you were in. BTW,
been there, done that too. Yes, it is barefoot trimmers like that which
give it a bad rap.

Monica Meer CP
www.thenaturalhoof.com