Re: NOW - Experience

Claire C. Cox-Wilson <shotgun.ranch@...>

--- In ECHoof@..., Nancy Collins <threecatfarm@...> wrote:

Tried once before to change the subject line and am trying once more b/c
clearly that is the lead on this article.

How about putting together a list of questions horse owners can and
should
ask when interviewing?

I think Abby, you mentioned asking for length of apprentice and/or
experience with a particular issue or method.

What else should people be asking?

Nancy C and Beau and Gabe in NH
Great idea Nancy !!!

1--In addition to Abby's length of apprentice and/or
experience with a particular issue or method. (Personally,I would like
to see someone who has looked into/studied several methods and is not
locked into a certain method. I want a wellrounded/open-minded trimmer.)

2--How about asking how he/she would approach underslung heels? (Again
I'm looking for an answer that tells me that they understand the
mechanism behind underslung heels)

3-- How about a horse with a diagnosis of navicular?
(Do they truly know what contraction is?)

4--Ask about experiences with laminitis and what approach he/she took??

5--Would they be willing to work with a vet and x-rays???

6--What steps do they take to BALANCE a hoof???

Okay..... there's my 2 cents...Any more ideas???
Claire from AZ