Re: NOW - Experience

Abby Nemec

Abby Bloxsom wrote:

> 1--In addition to Abby's length of apprentice and/or
> experience with a particular issue or method. (Personally,I would like
> to see someone who has looked into/studied several methods and is not
> locked into a certain method. I want a wellrounded/open-minded trimmer.)

You could say "do you follow any particular method?" Even so, this
isn't a great question. Pretty close to being a "fishing" question.
Here's another one:

"I'd love to do some more studying about feet, trimming, and shoeing. Do you have any favorite books or authors or sources or anything that you could recommend?"

A consult client asked me that the other day, and while I do think she was genuinely asking because she wanted to read up, the first book I referred her to was one she already had. A good clue that she & I would be on the same page.