Re: hoofboots

Josephine Trott

Hi Monique,

I love my hoofwings. They're semi-custom made - they have a UK website http://www.hoofwings.co.uk. They're great for laminitic horses. The other boot that people say are great for laminitic horses are Soft Ride boots. I'm sure others can recommend other brands - the important thing is to find something that fits well and allows air circulation so you can leave it on 24/7 without it rubbing or the hoof getting moist and mushy. Easyboots allow you to make a return pretty easily if they don't fit. Hoofwings will work with you to get a great fit. I dont' have experience with the Soft Ride manufacturers. Definitely boots are easier than constantly making styrofoam 'pads'.

Josie
Davis, CA 12/09