Re: X rays

Josephine Trott

Hi Kelly
The main advantage of digital X-rays is that you can immediately see if it's any good and delete and retake if crappy. I've had old fashioned ones done on my horse and as long as the set up is correct (I know there has to be a file on the groups site describing what barium markers to put where on the feet) and the horse stands still for the shots, the old fashioned will tell you what you need to know. But don't neglect the proper set up to get all the information you need. ie top of coronet band on front hoof wall, angle of front hoof wall and I put markers (push pins) at the tip of the frog, in the central sulcus and at the rear weight bearing point
Others can give you better details about markers (or it's in the files)
Josie

Have a great day!