Rasp

Rita Chavez

I bought a Cody James rasp in 2020, and I’m still using it. Was well worth the money. They have fine, medium, and aggressive rasp inserts into an open frame that slides in and locks for use. I found the medium to be perfect for my trimming. And somewhere in the bottom of my old tack trunk are about 20 used-but-dull traditional rasps of various brands that I gave up on because they didn’t hold up. If you google Cody James rasp you’ll find the main website.

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Amy,

Rasps can be sharpened. There are services that you can send a rasp to for sharpening or you can do it yourself. See here for one recipe:

https://ecir.groups.io/g/Hoof/album?id=272595

Jan 2005, RI

Moderator/ECIR Support

amy in VA

Hi
I've been using a Diamondback rough rasp on my 3 horses and was wondering if there's a rasp that keeps its sharpness longer than others. Seems a shame that they can't  be sharpened. ..
Thanks
Amy in Va 2005