The grass coming up after the rain = is it safe?

Carlynne Allbee

It has finally beeen raining the good long rains we so desperately have been needing here in San Diego..California.

And with it comes that gorgeous bright green grass that bogs down lawn mowers with all the moisture in it.  I have always been taught that it is really helpful for the horses to eat it...and I take them out and let them munch until they start looking around or catching their breath...so they are only on it for about 10 to 15 minutes.

Anyway, the question is about Patience, the one horse I have that has foundered in the past and has Cushings.  I haven't taken her out to the grass yet.  Can she have any?  At all?

Carlynne and Patience