hoofboots

moniquepauwen <moniquepauwen@...>

As soil is becoming really hard and Pepito is sour on his feet we are considering to buy hoofboots. As he also has a soft digital cushion (and probably heel pain) what type/brand of boots would be best ?
Regards,
Monique

Josephine Trott

Hi Monique,

I love my hoofwings. They're semi-custom made - they have a UK website http://www.hoofwings.co.uk. They're great for laminitic horses. The other boot that people say are great for laminitic horses are Soft Ride boots. I'm sure others can recommend other brands - the important thing is to find something that fits well and allows air circulation so you can leave it on 24/7 without it rubbing or the hoof getting moist and mushy. Easyboots allow you to make a return pretty easily if they don't fit. Hoofwings will work with you to get a great fit. I dont' have experience with the Soft Ride manufacturers. Definitely boots are easier than constantly making styrofoam 'pads'.

Josie
Davis, CA 12/09

Elva J Mico

moniquepauwen wrote:
As soil is becoming really hard and Pepito is sour on his feet we are
considering to buy hoofboots. As he also has a soft digital cushion
(and probably heel pain) what type/brand of boots would be best ? Regards, Monique
I have always used softride equine boots, but decided I should pass on to all of you a small incident that happened. I have four pair so that I can alternate and bought over a period of years, not all at once. However, I have one pair that one boot keeps coming off and a friend who is helping me with the boys and I noticed yesterday that particular boot does not come up as high as the others. We measured it and it is an inch and a half shorter than the others. I called softride today hoping they would suggest I send the boots back and they would add material to it or something to bring it up over Beau's heels.

They said no, there was nothing they would or could do, that sometimes they made boots lower or higher and had never had any complaints. I guess I felt that with the price (now $200.00) the customer service would be better. I did not expect a replacement or anything extraordinary, but the only suggestion was to take them to a shoemaker and see if he could add to the top to make the boot cover. I guess I feel $175.00 plus shipping should have bought me the same boot as the others I had bought.

Actually, I should have been more aware of what was happening with that pair, but have had lots of family health problems and just wasn't paying the attention I should.

Just thought that since the price of the softrides has gone up making them considerably more expensive than most others that I should let people know of my experience. If you buy them you need to check the fit right away and if not a good fit, call them and get it taken care of immediately.

I do have a pair of Easy Boots that are for founder and when the softrides are no longer useable I will probably use those meanwhile trying out other brands.

I have also heard that Epic boots made by easyboots are a good boot to use.

Elva and Angel Satin
New Mexico/June 2004

Monique Pauwen <moniquepauwen@...>

Thanks for the information, I am going to assemble all information now.

I love my hoofwings. They're semi-custom made - they have a UK website http://www.hoofwings.co.uk. They're great for laminitic horses. The other boot that people say are great for laminitic horses are Soft Ride boots. I'm sure others can recommend other brands - the important thing is to find something that fits well and allows air circulation so you can leave it on 24/7 without it rubbing or the hoof getting moist and mushy. Easyboots allow you to make a return pretty easily if they don't fit. Hoofwings will work with you to get a great fit. I dont' have experience with the Soft Ride manufacturers. Definitely boots are easier than constantly making styrofoam 'pads'.

Josie
Davis, CA 12/09

Monique Pauwen <moniquepauwen@...>

Thanks for sharing your story. Things like this should not happen. I know this type of manufacturers. When asking that price you should be able to give good service when things go wrong.

> As soil is becoming really hard and Pepito is sour on his feet we are
> considering to buy hoofboots. As he also has a soft digital cushion
> (and probably heel pain) what type/brand of boots would be best ?
> Regards, Monique

I have always used softride equine boots, but decided I should pass on
to all of you a small incident that happened. I have four pair so that I
can alternate and bought over a period of years, not all at once.
However, I have one pair that one boot keeps coming off and a friend who
is helping me with the boys and I noticed yesterday that particular boot
does not come up as high as the others. We measured it and it is an inch
and a half shorter than the others. I called softride today hoping they
would suggest I send the boots back and they would add material to it or
something to bring it up over Beau's heels.

They said no, there was nothing they would or could do, that sometimes
they made boots lower or higher and had never had any complaints. I
guess I felt that with the price (now $200.00) the customer service
would be better. I did not expect a replacement or anything
extraordinary, but the only suggestion was to take them to a shoemaker
and see if he could add to the top to make the boot cover. I guess I
feel $175.00 plus shipping should have bought me the same boot as the
others I had bought.

Actually, I should have been more aware of what was happening with that
pair, but have had lots of family health problems and just wasn't paying
the attention I should.

Just thought that since the price of the softrides has gone up making
them considerably more expensive than most others that I should let
people know of my experience. If you buy them you need to check the fit
right away and if not a good fit, call them and get it taken care of
immediately.

I do have a pair of Easy Boots that are for founder and when the
softrides are no longer useable I will probably use those meanwhile
trying out other brands.

I have also heard that Epic boots made by easyboots are a good boot to use.

Elva and Angel Satin
New Mexico/June 2004

Mandy Woods

Elva,
How long had you had this mismatched pair of Soft_Rides?  I am soo disappointed to hear how the company responded to your logical request.
Mandy in VA

Elva J Mico

Mandy Woods wrote:
Elva, How long had you had this mismatched pair of Soft_Rides? I am
soo disappointed to hear how the company responded to your logical
request. Mandy in VA
I am not sure because of having the four pair, not sure when these were bought. She told me the last pair I bought were in 2011 but I don't believe these were the ones bought then. Yes, as I said, I didn't expect a new pair or anything close to that and not sure what I thought would be done but I was disappointed also in the response especially since I have been a very good customer and have bought more than those four pair because I also had four pair for Satin. I still believe the boots are very good for the horses but not sure I can afford to stay with them any more.

Elva and Angel Satin
NM/June 2004