Dremel tool for casts removal/ wasRe: worried about frog after trim

Larson <seahorses3@...>

Mandy has a point, but that may be where the variable speed comes in.  You use light pressure, too.  Because the shoe is open at the toe, I go much more carefully there, slower speed, lighter pressure.  The wall and white line are a much different color than the cast - and if nothing else, you can thin the fiberglass down enough to make rasping a line at the heel a whole lot easier.

Mandy, did you mention you were either using or thinking of using them on the bars?

Carol and Blue in Maine

At 12:33 PM 4/6/2008, you wrote:

Teresa,
The dremel was too powerful for me to control in that situation so I went back to the rasp and I still grabbed hoof wall when I didn't want to.  Is there a reason you don't use a shoe?  If you choose to try the dremel with the sandpaper barrel....I would suggest you stop often and look to make sure you don't take off foot where you don't want to!!
Mandy