Topics

[EquineCushings] trimming goals

Abby Nemec

Okay I want to modify what I said here a little bit:

If you look at the coronet band from the top, you will see that some front feet are rounder, and some are more triangular-ish shaped (usually related to draft ancestry).
Trim the footprint to correspond with the coronet band shape - round or sort of a wide triangle - but they should NOT be either oval or square.

There, that makes me happier.
-A

---- Abby Bloxsom <dearab@charter.net> wrote:

pull in the "footprint" of the foot so that the hoof is bearing weight just outside the edge of the coffin bone all the way around. How do you know where that is? If you look at the coronet band from the top, you will see that some front feet are rounder, and some are more triangular-ish shaped (usually related to draft ancestry) - but they should NOT be oval. Trim the footprint to correspond with the coronet band shape. Hind feet should have points on the toes, not squared off.