Formahoof

gigi gaulin

Has anyone used these new hoof supports? And if so your experience?

https://formahoof.com/products/barefoot

Heal the human, free the horse....the elephant....the earth.

Gigi Gaulin, DVM

150 Laslie Rd
Attapulgus, GA 39815
505-231-0374

Lavinia Fiscaletti

It's another product in the glue-on appliance category.  It can likely be helpful at times, IF (big IF here) the trim it is applied to is optimal and remains so. It should not be viewed as a replacement for getting a correct trim in place first.

Unfortunately, in most cases the underlying trim isn't optimal and then the product is left in place for too long between rechecks so you end up compounding the original issues rather than helping them.

I am aware of one specific case where these were used - as is too often the case, in place of getting and maintaining a correct trim underneath. Resulted in a huge set-back for the horse.

Deb Walker

Scotty had forma-hoof product put on his fronts on 11-23-18. They were removed at my request on 11-27-18 as he was almost dead lame in them and clearly uncomfortable. I have pics if you would like me to put them in my photo album.
--
Deb and Scotty I/R Probably PPID
Northwest Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History: