Topics

Frog Cleft Or Commissure? Is This Normal?

Lynn

Dumb question. When i was cleaning Relevante's hooves today I noticed [is it frog cleft or frog commissure?] on the frogs of the right and left front feet - that the cleft or commissure seems to travel up into the bulb area - I never noticed this before - is this normal? Sorry they aren't cleaner....the back feet aren't like this. Just wanted to make sure that nothing is wrong.
--
Lynn
Beavercreek, Ohio

This is an IMPORTANT issue in my book.

Normal, in that it is common?  Yes

Normal, in that 'is it healthy'?   NO

I would post this to the main group, since it is in reference to your horse that has EMS and PPID ... and I feel it is of great importance... and frequently overlooked!

Ellen
N. Alabama

Lynn

Thanks Ellen...I did post to the main group because I remembered Lavinia saying something about that in regard to our PPID horses....I have never noted this before in his feet.
--
Lynn
Beavercreek, Ohio