Topics

Hoof pics and xrays

Eraffell@...

Hello, could someone please take a look at hoof pics and xrays for Robbie?

he is still very sore despite blood tests coming back and revealing NON IR. still appears more sore when bringing in from being out on minimal grass so very confused.

any advice is appreciated

Erika Raffell UK 2019
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Erika%20and%20Robbie

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Edited

Hi Erika,

Was Robbie's blood work run on fasting samples? The first set of results had him as compensated IR. Sorry, there is no indication in his history as to what the circumstances were.

The rads and pix show toes that are somewhat too long, soles that are thinner than ideal and underrun heels. His HPA's are broken back, which is going to put continuous tension on his tendons/ligaments and all joints above the foot. Coffin bones are all ground parallel.

Are the radiographs dated 12-01 from Dec of 2019 or from Jan 2020? It looks like there was bit of a transposition of numbers when they were labeled.

If putting him on grass results in foot tenderness, it isn't recommended that he go out on grass (I know, difficult situation).

Eraffell@...

Thank you. Testing was not done as fasting samples. Xrays are December 2019 but there should be more recent ones from April 2020 in the album?

I am trying my best to remove him from grass but stabling 24/7 causes stiffness due to arthritis so I’m in a battle. I am muzzling and adding soaked hay out whilst the track is being eaten down further by other horses.