Monty's front toes

Collaeyn Hazen

Hi Lavinia,

I've uploaded pics of Monty's hooves from after I trimmed them last night. The hinds I think are really coming along. The front toes though...they just don't seem to want to come back. I know it has only really been a month since I've started to work on them but progress seems slow. Could you take a look at them?

I've been reading and re-reading Pete Ramey's articles and reading/watching Maureen Tierney's method. Pete says not to risk damaging P3 so I have been worried about not taking too much wall off the front toes. They may actually be too much of a bevel?  If you look at the sole plane pics, you can see what I have to work with. I'm hoping you'll have suggestions or encouragement to just push-on.

I uploaded two composite pictures. The left front heels... WOW.  It took me a bit to understand the geography of that part of the foot. I was afraid to do too much at once and I was afraid the heels would be too low (they don't have much lift off the sole even now)  but I never would have believed the heel tubules would straighten like that without the hoof actually growing out. Simply amazing change in *one month*!

Thank you!
--

Collaeyn, Monty, Shark, and Duke
Sewell, NJ

Collaeyn Hazen

I mean Right Front composite - I ever had the L/R sneakers as a kid :-)