Topics

Not urgent - arginine

jessica skene

Hi all,

just wondering, is arginine is natural or is it synthetically made in pharmaceuticals?
just wondering

Trisha DePietro

If you are reading a label and it is listed as dL-arginine it is synthetic. I remember the dL in my head as "designed in a lab" therefore not natural....:)
--
Trisha DePietro
Aug 2018

Kim Leitch

Just for the sake of accuracy, d,l does not mean designed in lab, but refers to mirror image isomers (think of how your hands are mirror images of each other), d being a right handed molecule, l being left handed. D,l arginine would be a mixture of both forms. L-arginine is the useful form, so if using the mixed form, there is less active arginine.
--
Kim 10-2014

Clover, SC

Case History https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kim%20and%20Grits%20-%20Eeyore%20-%20Dually

Photo album Grits https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=1314

Photo album Eeyore https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=6586&p=Name,,,20,1,0,0
Photo album Dually https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=9046&p=Name,,,20,1,0,0
Photo album Bella https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/photosearch?q=kim+and+bella

Trisha DePietro

Hi Kim.  So not sure based on your description, is arginine natural or synthetic? Thanks
--
Trisha DePietro
Aug 2018
NH
Dolly and Hope's Case Histories
Dolly's Photos
Hope's Photos

Sherlene Turner

Thanks Kim Leitch.  Your explanation was helpful to me.
Sherlene
Klemens

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 9:03 PM Kim Leitch via groups.io <hobby1horse=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Bundaberg, Qld, Australia