Patience had a blast!

Carlynne Allbee

The horses and I have been cooped up for a couple of weeks.  I board my horses. They live in stalls and when we don't drive, I at least try to get them out to turn them loose in the arena to run and buck and roll, and roll.

Patience is a little mini mare that is at the beginning of Cushings.  She foundered several years ago and by trimming her, the farrier keeps her comfortable but it has been years since she was totally sound.  Can't drive her anymore.  When I lead her out with the other two mares to the arena, she hobbles along like a little senior citizen but she wants to go.  Then she walks around the arena looking for green weeds or stands and does the mutual grooming with the other two....unless they are running and bucking.  Then she just watches.

As I said, the horses haven't been out to play, between the parade schedule we have and this darn cold, for several weeks.  But yesterday, I made a point of getting over to the ranch. Took the stallions out to play.  Then it was the mares' turn, Patience included.

As I was walking back to the barn, I turned to see if the girls were running around or just rolling ....and much to my surprise, I saw a totally thrilling sight.  Patience was runnning.  And I mean really running, like she used to.  Then she would stop.  Catch her breath, and run the other way.

This story is long, but there are some of you that can really appreciate the sight of a special little horse being able to enjoy a good run, feeling healthy enough to run, and .....Well

Merry Christmas to Patience...and to all of your special little horses.

Carlynne Allbee and Gumtree's Patience

Jackie <stc4qh@...>

This is a wonderful story at a special time of the year.  Thank you for sharing Patience's joy at frolicking with her buds.

Jackie and Gacy

Carlynne Allbee wrote:

[...]

5 Pine Ranch

Carlynne, I am so thrilled to read this!  Thanks for sharing.

Amberlee
www.fivepineranch.com
Please Visit Our Site!