Please help llaminitis research by completing the online survey

Carlynne Allbee

This was posted on our Equine Cushings chat group on Yahoo.  Please read it, complete the survey, and spread the word:

Please help laminitis research by completing the UT & VT on-line sur

Posted by: "nicholasfrankdvm" nicholasfrankdvm@...   nicholasfrankdvm

Mon Nov 5, 2007 6:23 am (PST)

Dear group members: Please help us to gather information about
laminitis in horses. Dr. Ray Geor (Virginia Tech) and I work together
on laminitis research and must often submit new proposals for funding.
We are asking you to help us generate background statistics for these
proposals by completing one (or both) of the surveys described below.
Results of these surveys will be used to strengthen grant proposals and
may be included in publications or talks at meetings. We have
consulted with Dr. Kellon before posting this message and she agrees
that the group will be able to provide us with some very useful
information.

 There are two surveys - one survey for horse owners and
another for veterinarians.

You are invited to complete the owner survey if you currently own a horse, pony, donkey, or mule that has a history of laminitis. Please complete a separate survey for each
animal with laminitis that you own. We ask you to provide us with
your e-mail address as part of this survey for two reasons. First, this
will allow us to follow up with you if we have further questions and
second, it enables us to detect when someone owns more than one horse
with laminitis. Your e-mail address will remain confidential and will
not be passed onto any other parties. Veterinarians are asked to
complete a shorter survey and are also welcome to fill in an owner
survey if their own horse suffers from laminitis. To complete the
HORSE OWNER LAMINITIS SURVEY, please click on the link below and it will
take you directly to the Zoomerang survey. Alternatively, you can cut
and paste the link into your internet browser:
http://www.zoomeran g.com/survey. zgi?p=WEB2274KP2 YT5J
<http://www.zoomeran g.com/survey. zgi?p=WEB2274KP2 YT5J >

If you are a veterinarian, please complete the VETERINARIAN LAMINITIS SURVEY by
clicking on the link below:
http://www.zoomeran g.com/survey. zgi?p=WEB2274KNX YT3P
<http://www.zoomeran g.com/survey. zgi?p=WEB2274KNX YT3P > These surveys
will be available for the next 30 days (will close on December 5, 2007).
We very much appreciate your help and plan to share the results with you
after the surveys close. Dr. Nick Frank
Nicholas Frank, DVM, PhD, DACVIM
Associate Professor, Large Animal Internal Medicine
University of Tennessee
University of Nottingham
http://mail.yahoo.com