Topics

Renegades? OT - move this thread to ECHoof

Abby Nemec

---- Mary Gingerich <m_gingerich@verizon.net> wrote:
I will take some close-up pics of the renegades on and off the hoof and post them on ecphotos. Give me a few days.
I want to know how the heck someone GETS renegade boots. Evidently you have been able to!

I refer a LOT of boots (trust me, I do - and I have access to at least 3 different boot lines depending on how you count). I have had nothing but counter-marketing from my efforts to find the product developer of the renegades. I tried to contact them through a third party (who seemed to have access) but was told they "really weren't interested yet" in talking to me.

I'm sure they're trying to stir up a pre-release frenzy, but when a retailer who want to demo the boots at a major equine trade shoe can't even find a phone number to contact the manufacturer, it really irritates me. The website has NO information whatsoever:

http://renegadehoofboots.com/

Kind of along the lines of the feed mfr who won't give you a complete analysis of their feed.

-Abby

mgingeri <m_gingerich@...>

--- In ECHoof@yahoogroups.com, Abby Bloxsom <dearab@...> wrote:
I'm sure they're trying to stir up a pre-release frenzy, but when a
retailer who want to demo the boots at a major equine trade shoe can't
even find a phone number to contact the manufacturer, it really
irritates me.

Wow! I never expected to start a controversy. If the developer were
to mass market them before he was ready to mass produce them, there
would be a lot of irate customers. I had to wait about 6 months for my
pair and never found myself hostile about the wait. I will not post
pics nor comment on list or off until they are more readily available.
I posted a picture of how I dealt with the heel rubbing / bruising from
the easyboot epics, which started this discussion. Basically, I
removed the outer layer of the gaiter just inside the seams leaving a
piece up the center. They are in the folder hoofboots in echoof.
Mary

Abby Nemec

mgingeri wrote:

Wow! I never expected to start a controversy. If the developer were to mass market them before he was ready to mass produce them, there would be a lot of irate customers. I had to wait about 6 months for my pair and never found myself hostile about the wait.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not hostile - if the boot isn't ready for production we don't want it. I never wanted to mass market them, I only wanted information about when they might be expected to be available commercially, what they're made out of, how much they might cost, what the plans are for a distribution network, etc. And like it or not, with a website up and testimonials all over it, that's mass marketing. The promotion has begun and production has obviously not.

The problem I'm having is that there is absolutely NO information available about the boots, other than a handful of people saying "I got mine!" or "I've contacted the developer" ... but I can't even find out WHO the developer is or WHERE they are. I once had a link to the boot website that shows the boot being applied, cable being changed, etc. I have since lost that link (I think) and now can only find the page with no information.

This particular retailer has put me on the boot-hunt to find and explore the different boot options available. We'd like to demo all the boots at a trade show in November. We now have 7 different boots on the shelves, and all I wanted was a human being to connect to about the Renegades. Sheeesh don't know why that should be so hard to find.