Topics

Riding Bullet

whitehorsebullet

This is directed to John the vet...have you had a chance to look at
the photos i posted? i know i haven't put up his new xrays, but the
vet and farrier both thought they looked great and agreed to take the
pads off. I would very much like to start light riding again asap
before he is totally out of shape and loses all his muscle mass.
thanks, Ann-Marie

John Stewart

Ann-Marie,

Sorry for the delay in replying - computer problems.

Thank you for posting the photos and first radiographs. It would be
interesting to see the most recent ones.
You have done pretty well with the photos but the lateralones really
are better if taken with the camera on the ground.

Further questions
How old is he?
How long ago since he had his bout of laminitis?
Does he often stand with the right foot further back than the left
foot? Is the positioning of the feet in the photos unusual?

The good thing is that there looks to be even new growth but there has
been quite a lot of damage done and thus only the top part is
supporting the front of the bone at the moment.
No exercise at the moment. I will give fuller response when I have
the other details.

Cheers

John

--- In ECHoof@yahoogroups.com, "whitehorsebullet"

--- In ECHoof@yahoogroups.com, "John Stewart" <john_the_vet@...>
wrote:

Ann-Marie,

Sorry for the delay in replying - computer problems.

Thank you for posting the photos and first radiographs. It would
be
interesting to see the most recent ones.
You have done pretty well with the photos but the lateralones
really
are better if taken with the camera on the ground.

Further questions
How old is he? 22 yrs
How long ago since he had his bout of laminitis? hard to pinpoint,
because it wasn't a classic case, but i beleive around april 2006
Does he often stand with the right foot further back than the left
foot? i think that was just coincidence, but i will pay closer
attention
Is the positioning of the feet in the photos unusual?

The good thing is that there looks to be even new growth but there
has
been quite a lot of damage done and thus only the top part is
supporting the front of the bone at the moment.
No exercise at the moment.
what does that mean? he does walk around on 8 acres daily to
graze...and sometimes will run and buck on his own..
I will give fuller response when I have
the other details.
I will take better pictures tomorrow when i have my daughter here
to help me, and i will get the new radiographs next week...thanks so
much for your input!

<whitehorsebullet@> wrote:

This is directed to John the vet...have you had a chance to look
at
the photos i posted? i know i haven't put up his new xrays, but
the
vet and farrier both thought they looked great and agreed to
take
the
pads off. I would very much like to start light riding again
asap
before he is totally out of shape and loses all his muscle mass.
thanks, Ann-Marie

Eclectk1@...

Hi John and Ann-Marie,

First, GREAT to see folks active here since we've just opened this branch of EquineCushings and Insulin Resistance!!

I just wanted to note that this discussion is the perfect sort to actually have on the main list rather than here -- that way others who like to help look at hoof photos or x-rays, and those who want to learn by listenting in can participate.  Not to mention that discussions there can often wind up helping in terms of trying to avoid any further exacerbations or attacks too.

I haven't checked to see exactly what the full discussion is either here or on the main list, or your membership status, but hope neither of you would mind moving the discussion to the EC list?  Please, let us know if you don't want to for whatever reason tho, ok?  Of course it would help if you'd also be willing to explain why, although there isn't any requirement to do so.  We'll just be trying to sort out what is usually discussed here, vs. on the main list and the more input from folks, the better.

To email your posts to the main list, its:  EquineCushings@...

Thanks!!
Robin
(list owner)