Topics

Simple Boot

Karen <karen@...>

Does anyone use this boot. How do you like it. Have you had any
trouble with it turning on the foot.
I let my Tommi out on pasture with the muzzle for a couple hours for a
few days. Well she is tender now. She never has been before. So no
more for her and now I need some boots for trail rides
Karen, Chantilly and Tommi

Abby Nemec

Karen wrote:

Does anyone use this boot. How do you like it. Have you had any trouble with it turning on the foot.

I've got my first pair here now. Never rode in them yet, but have heard many good reports from those who have.

-Abby B

l j

I've been using my Simple boots and really like them.  I rode Belle for 5 hours with them last Saturday with no problems.  I've been using them regularly on Jas, too.  Jas is pigeoned toed, the only thing I noticed is last week one day I rode 3 hours with them on her, she was missing some hair right above  one heel bulb on each leg.  She wasn't sore and she is a lot happier with them on than without them.

Tin

Nancy Collins <threecatfarm@...>

Hi Karen --

This is my second season for using them.  Understand I do not ride hard.  So far in the boots we have done up to 120 minutes at walk, trot, canter on the hills and dales of Central NH. I have found they are easy to put on, forgiving with the foot (eg no rubbing and bad spots) and take a pad if you need them. I have not had any turning.  If I were riding in weird footing (mud) for extended periods, competitive trail or endurance, these may not work as well as others.  Just a guess as I have not gone that far yet.

Hope this helps.

Nancy C and Beau and Gabe in NH

On 5/22/07 8:58 PM, "Karen" wrote:

Does anyone use this boot.  How do you like it.  Have you had any
trouble with it turning on the foot.

wjjbean <wendy_vt@...>

hi Karen,

I've been using these for the past 6 months and they are fantastic. I
have tried many different boots and even had some custom made--they
either twisted or turned or weren't comfy. It took me a few tries to
get the right size as they run big but I absolutely love them.

I put a pad in them; they never twist and are easy to put on and off.
I also have cut a pair of large men's socks to protect her heel bulbs;
never raw but a bit of hair has rubbed off. She trots and canters in
them; it's amazing.

I've been on the cushings list for 4 years but hardly ever post as I
work such long hours but had to reply to this. I have spent so much
money on boots so it was a joy to find these.

good luck (check out Gretchen's hoof swap site, there are usually some
used ones for sale).

Wendy and Ursila