hyperthyroid?

sun_hair2002 <georgeag11@...>

My horse (not previously diagnosed as cushingoid) had her thyroid tested this week. She was
exhibiting an intolerance to exercise, and had stopped sweating (we're in Floirda). Her T-4
was normal, but T-3 was rather elevated. My vet is perplexed, and has offered no solutions
to her difficulties, other than to give her more food and more electrolytes, and test her agina
in a month (she ran the bloodwork twice to be sure it wasn't an error).

I couldn't find any information on treating hyperthyroidism in the files, or in the archives.

Can anyone offer any insight into what I need to consider?