Re: hyperthyroid?

Jane <kohpoh_th@...>

You can check the files for anhydrosis. They should give you a lot
of information on this condition which is most often caused by stress
in some form and probably a feed imbalance too.
Jane in Thailand--- In EquineCushings@..., "sun_hair2002"
<georgeag11@...> wrote:

My horse (not previously diagnosed as cushingoid) had her thyroid
tested this week. She was
exhibiting an intolerance to exercise, and had stopped sweating
(we're in Floirda). Her T-4
was normal, but T-3 was rather elevated. My vet is perplexed, and
has offered no solutions
to her difficulties, other than to give her more food and more
electrolytes, and test her agina
in a month (she ran the bloodwork twice to be sure it wasn't an
error).

I couldn't find any information on treating hyperthyroidism in the
files, or in the archives.

Can anyone offer any insight into what I need to consider?