Re: I am in need of desperate help for my horse that is suffering with laminitis.

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Mandy forwarded me the mail with all your details. You have a vet visit
scheduled. From the sounds of it the issues to be addressed during that
visit are:

1. The hind leg infection/granulation tissue problem.
2. Get X-rays of all 4 feet to make sure they are properly trimmed and
supported
3. Blood work to try to get to the root of the laminitis - CBC, blood
chemistry, insulin level.

She's a bit young to be running into problems with severe insulin
resistance but it's not impossible by any means so until you know more
it would be wise to read the file on the emergency diet you were sent
when you joined and get her on that.

Hang in there.

Eleanor