Re: Triple Crown Low Starch

judy abernathy

It was my information that TCLow Starch was not low enough NSC numbers for IR horses-I feed TC Safe Starch to my Cushings/IR mare. Last Spring when she was still very "iffy" and had one last bout of laminitiis I eliminated every thing except soaked hay-then slowly introduced TCSS back in. It is very expensive-for me-so don't use as main feed. However since she has been doing well the last 8-9 months and it is is very cold here (Mo) I feed her more TC and also feed OTB cubes. Not sure how the metabolism of domesticated horses differs if any from wild horses but cold wet hay sounds like more work to utilize than dry food.
Judy