Re: Which Hay?

Pam Brewster <pam@...>

I also wish the hay gurus would respond - but it has been my experience
with eastern OR hay it has more to do with when it was cut. Because
the extremely cold nights there were only a few windows when the hay
could be cut that it hadn't been stressed. When we tested six cuttings
within 6 weeks from the same farmer (different fields but very close)
the biggest difference was the stretch of weather right before the hay
was cut and how long it sat on the ground before it was baled. Just my
experience, hope it helps.
Pam

On Dec 20, 2007, at 1:50 PM, Mandy Woods wrote:

Jodie,
I wish the hay gurus would respond .... but since they haven't - yet
- I