Re: Hilton Herballs

Claire C. Cox-Wilson <shotgun.ranch@...>

--- In EquineCushings@..., "Joan and Dazzle"
<horsies4luv@...> wrote:

Hi Ethlyn,

I've just heard about them today. They are made from alfalfa, wheat
flour and linseed meal, mixed with garlic, mint, oregano, and
rosemary. I don't know what their ESC+ starch content
is...........I'd want to see a test done on them before feeding them
to my
little IR princess.

Joan and Dazzle

I totally agree with Joan. I believe dried herbs in themselves are
safe for IR horses, but they must be using something as a binder (to
keep them together) ...molasses perhaps?
For my peace of mind, I prefer to play it safe and go with something
like Skode's Horse Treats that guarantee a NSC below 10%.
JMHO
Claire from AZ