Re: Can you please look at my photo album?

Cindy McGinley

"luckycharmfarm" <LuckyCharmFarm@...> asked:

i just wonder about that stance? the rounded rear end and tucked in?
is that a laminitis stance or am i just paranoid (a little knowlege
is a bad thing!).
I went and looked again because I thought in the first pictures she wasn't standing that way, and I wasn't nuts after all: it doesn't look to me that she was standing that way in the pictures where she's dry (or the first wet picture). I thought she was standing like that because she was cold from being wet (and her hooves are long). She does look quite post-legged behind, which combined with the length of hoof may be contributing to that under stance.

the hooves are all choppy and uneven but i was looking at the
difference in coloring at the tops. a lighter band (1") at the top of
the hoof. does that have anything to do with laminitis? (a little
knowlege is a bad thing).
White-hooved horses always show lots of variations in color. The one hoof shows a dish and a flare (I don't recall which one), but that could just be from length and can be corrected with trim. Not a big deal, so I didn't mention it before.

and yes, you all arent the right ones to ask! lol.
Let me put it this way (after a lifetime of horse experience): if I was looking for a horse for kids, I would not let this one go. Yes, she's a bit more aged than we like to buy them, but she looks in good shape for her age, and she's a rescue, so you're also doing her a favor. As I've said before here, when taking on an aged horse, you're always taking a chance. But this mare seems to have no more problems than many horses her age, and fewer than some. And what horse, regardless of age, ever comes with a guarantee?

- Cindy and Alf (and entourage) in NY