Re: Diet of wild horses ?

Ute <ute@...>

--- In EquineCushings@..., Carlynne Allbee
<samwisebaggins@...> wrote:

While one would be tempted to say that wild horses eat naturally and
therefore may eat more healthy than our domesticated ones....How old to
they get? Look at how many people on this list have equines over 20,
25 and even over 30 years old? Would they have lived that long
foraging in the wild?

Carlynne Allbee and Patience

---------------------------------

Well I have heard of wild horses un their mid twenties and in addition
I also think that the quality of life is more important to any critter
than the quantity. My point is that if our domestic horses eat and
exercise more like wild horses we would probably hardly see any
laminitis and founder cases at all and the ones we would see would
probably be mostly Cushings related. This assume that we would also
supplement in domestic settings as needed to provide optimum health to
our horses.

In my opinion prevention is always prferrable over crisis management.:-)

Ute