From: Sandra Su
Date: 1/14/2008 5:38:57 PM
To: EquineCushings@...
Subject: [EquineCushings] Re:Coastal Blend and West Coast Hay
When you buy hay, if it's been tested already, ask for a copy
of the hay test. If it hasn't been tested, you need to get it tested
so you can see the sugar (ESC) and starch levels. When you add them
together, they should equal 10% or less. You can also use the hay
test for info to balance nutrients the hay is lacking (and they all
lack something). Then you supplement those, so the diet is balanced
to the hay.
Until you find out the sugar and starch in your hay, you
probably should soak it, though that'd be hard to do with a round
bale.
--

Sandy Su
ssu@...

***PLEASE BE SURE TO REMOVE UNNECESSARY DUPLICATED MATERIAL FROM THE MESSAGE
YOU ARE REPLYING TO BEFORE YOU HIT SEND -- ONLY LEAVE ENOUGH SO YOUR REPLY
IS UNDERSTOOD***

Shortcut URL to this page:

All posts copyrighted the year posted, all rights reserved to the author of
the post and list owner. Posts may NOT be copied or intellectual property
used elsewhere without written permission of the author and/or list owner.

Post message: EquineCushings@...
Subscribe: EquineCushings-subscribe@...

Yahoo! Groups Links