New here and to cushings.

stufflebeam61356 <stufflebeam61356@...>

I guess I will start by telling you alittle about myself. I live in
Illinois. I have a 5 year old little girl. I have had horses for
about 15 years. I have 4 horses right now. I am totally new to
cushings. Have learned alittle in the last 2 weeks. But am still
trying to take it all in.

I have a 21 year old QH/draft gelding. I have only had him alittle
over a month. And he was tested about 3 months ago for cushings. I am
working on getting the results back. All I know right now is that his
owners where told he was boarder line cushings. And he was put on 1 mL
of Pergolide. My hay is about 80% alfalfa and 20% grass. So I have
him on mare & maintenance by Nutrina. As I was told this is their
alfalfa ration balancer. I am looking into having my hay tested. But
I never have had it done before.

I have seen someone say that if the hair's hair is curly they may need
to give more meds. So thisa concerns me as his hair is curly.

He does not have any problems with his feet, luckyly.

So I would love to hear what everyone has to say.